Saturday, April 3, 2004

My thoughts on "The Passion of The Christ"



I was listening to the radio on my way to work this morning and I got pissed off at this DJ who was blabbering about how "The Passion of The Christ" should flop, etc, etc. He was so mad at why the Jews are being persecuted in the movie as those responsible for Jesus' 12 final hours. Well, helloooo - that's old news, unless you haven't heard of "The Bible"????!!!! Why not look at it at a different perspective then - that it is actually OUR SINS that brought Him pain and suffering beyond compare! I'm sure the graphic details contained on the film is not even close to what actually happened thousands of years ago. I was so aching to call the radio station and challenge him on it. Unfortunately, the phone number was never advertised.



As I tuned in to a different radio station (which I liked), the DJ was talking about how big a commotion this movie is creating. There are lots of protests going around to stop the film from being shown tomorrow. But, the DJ went on saying "those who've actually seen the film became changed persons afterwards". See? If only everyone will watch it with open minds and hearts, I bet the world will be a better place! No more senseless killings, violence, terrorism, war.



Having said that, you couldn't blame me for not being able to understand why the big protest regarding the movie. As far as I'm concerned, it's an amazing film. I salute Mel Gibson for touching on a topic that most people in Hollywood wouldn't dare make a film on for fear of what people will think. This movie is already making a big impact, and I really pray it becomes successful at attracting viewers. I also don't understand why we spend a lot of time patronizing Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, and other films while people protest on a realistic movie about

Christ's Passion! Are we so scared at seeing Him at His worst suffering in payment for our sins?



A friend told me yesterday that during Sunday's service, their Pastor encouraged them to see the movie. Even the Pope had positive feedback regarding the film (I just forgot his two words to describe it). It's a must-see friends - and I wouldn't dare miss it for the world. I think it's the best $6 I'll ever spend! I normally wait for the movie to come out on DVD, but this one, I just have to see really soon. In

fact, I have made plans to see it with 5 other friends on Sunday. We'll order our tickets this early on to be assurred of seats. And if there are protesters outside the theater, I'd look them in the eye with a smile on my face as I go in to see the movie!



Breathe in... breathe out...



There, I said my piece...



It's me,

Mickee <== still fuming mad at how people with

pea-sized brains can call themselves critics and

influence others on their way of thinking!



No comments:

Post a Comment