Have you ever had a day when you feel you're just about ready to scream? Ever felt like everyone is out to get you, or that they're actually conniving to piss you off? You just want the day to end, right? Well, I have that feeling today.
There's a project that I'm working on where the customers and analysts are driving me insane! They're a bunch of micro managers who want to dictate how the project should progress. They're constantly craving for attention - asking dozens of questions - some are even petty ones. Don't they realize that they need to leave us alone if they want their project implemented on time and of good quality? We've had this walkthru with them a couple of weeks back, and until now, they're still asking for clarifications. When will this ever end? They're draining my energy and it's like babysitting for a bunch of toddlers - spoonfeeding and all.
Next, you have people trying to do your job for you. Well, what the heck am I here for, maggoo? Too many hands in the pod ain't good because it creates too much confusion (which is the last thing everybody needs right now). And boy, these people are bossy too! Hellooo - does teamwork ever ring a bell? I'm the lead and if you can't accept that, then tough bananas!
I was planning to leave early today, but at the rate things are going, it might not happen again. You see, everytime I plan to leave early, something holds me back, and I end up leaving even later than my normal end of work schedule. Am I not supposed to have a life outside of work? Don't I deserve an early start on the weekend? I have been working my butt off all week and the weekend is a small reward for that!
I know I sound like I'm complaining but I truly am not having a good week.
My office desk and computer got soaked when I dropped the water globe sitting on my overhead cabinet.
I'm still waiting on something before I could go home.
I was just told that some of the code we're expecting today wouldn't get moved because of a production problem.
Our system has been extremely slow today.
Sigh!
Tomorrow's another day!
No comments:
Post a Comment