Tuesday, March 15, 2005

What My Husband Misses About Me

In exactly a month and 13 hours from the time this blog gets posted, I am leaving for Manila. I can hardly wait!

I asked hubz a while back what he misses about me and here's his response:

* Holding hands while walking. There's no greater feeling than having someone walk with you side by side, holding your hand as if they're afraid of losing you.

* The cook in me. He said he misses having tapsilog, longsilog, baconsilog, or tocilog for breakfast, complete with coffee and a table made up for two... :)

* Snuggling in front of the TV or just plain cuddling. When we were just starting out, he told me he loved me because I'm so "malambing". In fact, when we'd get into an argument (because of my own doing), I won't necessarily say "I'm sorry", but I'll snuggle with him. He said no matter how angry he'd be, I have the ability to soften his heart when I do that.

* Talking face to face. Though we talk on the phone every single day, nothing compares to the magic of being able to talk to each other in person.

* Flirting with each other. He would kiss me at random, fiddle with my hair, hug me tight. It's simple ways of showing off our love for each other.

* Plain ol' foolishness. We'd tease each other endlessly and we'd laugh so hard in the end.

* Dining out. My husband is a penny-pincher. He would seldom eat out, especially not on his own. Ask him about good restaurants and he'll ask someone else. He once told me he loves it when I come home because he gets to try different restaurants.

* Dates. Be it a date to the movies, or a date with friends, he enjoys it immensely just because he's with me.

* Going to church together. There was a time when we got into an argument because he doesn't go to church all that often. He told me he misses me whenever he does that. Now he's back to going to church regularly. In part, I owe it to the fact that he lost his ring and because of dire prayers, he found it. He told me he is so grateful that he was spared of a big expense - I was demanding a diamond wedding band, should he lose his'.

* Making plans. It is when I get home that we get to plan and dream of our future. You know, serious stuff.

Of course there are other reasons but if I am to keep this blog wholesome, I'd have to stop here. I think you know what I mean (wink, wink).... :)

One good thing about being in an LD marriage is that we always feel like newlyweds everytime we're together. Everyday is a honeymoon. We try not to argue because we'll spoil the short time we spend together.

Ahh, a month to go and still counting... :)

10 comments:

  1. in a nutshell, he misses his wonderful wife :) i'm so excited for you, grabe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww sis that was so sweet. some of the things you mentioned yun naman na miss ko kay Hon. See you when you get here

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww sis that was so sweet. some of the things you mentioned yun naman na miss ko kay Hon. See you when you get here

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww sis that was so sweet. some of the things you mentioned yun naman na miss ko kay Hon. See you when you get here

    ReplyDelete
  5. ang swet naman....my dear, ganyan din kami ni papa s noon...hehehehe...wait till magkasama na kayo everyday..it is another story.
    uy..feel na feel ko excitement mo..kilig!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hanagirl, miss ko na rin si mister, hehehe!

    Leirs, I know how that feels like. 'Yaan mo, magkakasama rin kayo.

    Gem, sinasamantala ko nga yung newleywed feeling everyday because I know that when we're together, syempre maski paano, magbabago yun (though I hope not, hehehe!). But, that's what you call marriage... :)

    Haay, super excited na ako... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I were you, I'd be looking forward to going home too :). Have a wonderful time, holding hands and all other good stuff :). How exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Josephine, I hope we could get together before I leave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi sis, your post brought back memories of the time hubs and I were in a LDR. It was sooo frustrating!

    I'm so excited for you and I hope that this holiday you'll get what you're wishing for (if you know what I mean! secret na lang natin yun!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sistah xxxtine!!! oo nga, sana mag-dilang anghel ka, hehehe! wish na wish ko talaga yan... :)

    ReplyDelete