Saturday, April 2, 2005

An Angel Among Us

All over the world, people have been praying for one of the world's most powerful leaders - Pope John Paul II. I am personally saddened by the fact that he is near death as I write this blog. All throughout his papacy, I have heard amazing stories about him. It had been one of my dreams to one day be able to visit the Vatican and get a glimpse of the Pope.

I recall that he went to the Philippines twice - the last one was in the 1994 (or was it 1995?), hubz had chickenpox then. I wanted to be one of those who lined up the streets of Metro Manila to get a glimpse of His Holiness. Friends who went told me how his mere passing brought tears to their eyes. They felt a sense of peace and overwhelming joy. I guess you can call it a taste of Heaven.

It had been written that because of his steadfast faith, he is able to see Christ like Mother Theresa. It is no surprise that he is well-loved, respected, and well-regarded. These photos will prove just how he much he has touched people's lives.

On Good Friday, the church distributed crosses from the Vatican, blessed by His Holiness himself. I kept that in my wallet to remind me of my dream to visit to the Vatican someday. I do pray that the Pope will pass on peacefully and that the new Pope will have the same effect on the world as his predecessor's.

One great man will soon be coming home to his Creator. I know in my heart that the Heavens eagerly await his arrival. He will be welcomed with open arms and all the angels in Heaven will rejoice in his homecoming.

2 comments:

  1. So sad di ba? But thinking that he'll be in heaven, with our creator makes me shine a smile. But surely I'll miss this great guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's such a loss isn't it. well, i guess heaven couldn't wait any longer for this great man to come join them.

    ReplyDelete