Thursday, September 15, 2005


The Birthday Girl

I celebrated my 32nd birthday on Sept. 10 with very few close neighbors. I opted for a small gathering because I'm already having a hard time cleaning up. I get tired easily and my lower back is causing me a great deal of pain. Thank God for good neighbors because they helped us clean up afterwards.

This year is extra special because God gave me the perfect gift, which I am now carrying inside my tummy. Hubz has teased me that this will be my last birthday alone. Next year, I have a baby tagging along. As you can see, I have gained a bit of weight. I am now up to 111 lbs - a 15 lb. addition to my pre-pregnancy weight of 96 lbs. My doctor isn't bothered at all because I used to be underweight anyway. Then, my waistline is now at 35 inches. One more inch and I'd fit into my husband's pants.





Scrapbook Layouts
































I have been in a creative rut for months now and so, it was a big accomplishment for me to finish 4 layouts in one sitting. For our baby's sake (and for both me and hubz' sakes too), I have decided to create a baby book that will document our thoughts, feelings, photos, and emotions from conception to birth. I hope that my efforts will pay off later when our baby is big enough to appreciate and treasure what I've done. Of course, my no. 1 fan is still, undoubtedly, my husband.


We're having a boy!!!!



I had my ultrasound during my 19th week (Aug. 19th to be exact). I was uncomfortable the whole time because my bladder was full. When I saw my baby waving at us, I couldn't help but be amused. Even insde the womb, he was already showing us that he's got star potential. There really is life inside of me - moving and breathing! This must be how a stage mom feels like. I feel like I'm the mom of the smartest kid in the world! Of course, daddy was equally proud. He'd show this photo to anyone who would care to see.

Hubz knew all along that we're having a boy. Even when people around me thought I'm having a girl (all because I look good), he would tell me it's going to be a boy. Now he is so excited because he's got a playmate. Ahhh, boys!


Call me sentimental

Hubz sent me an email a while back that said "I wanted to do this for you and for our baby. I want to give you both a comfortable life". I have never had anyone tell me that. All my life, I have always been my family's breadwinner. I took the responsibility of sending my brother to school, supporting my family, building them a nice home, helping my grandma remodel hers. Every decision I make, I have to always consider them. It gets tiring sometimes because here I am, exhausting myself from work while my brother and my mom remain unemployed - just waiting for their monthly allowance. I cannot lose my job even for a day because I need the money to support them plus pay for my own bills.

It just felt good hearing those words coming from someone who wants to take care of me for a change. I have taken care of everyone else my whole life, and maybe this is God’s way of rewarding me.


I've been tagged

Tagged by Ela, here's my take:

Seven things that scare me:
- hell
- devil/satan
- heights
- crimes
- ghosts
- reptiles
- losing a loved one

Seven things I like the most:
- feeling my baby move
- reading
- scrapping
- surfing the net
- travelling
- going home to PI (to be with my husband and family)
- shopping

Seven random facts about me:
- I just celebrated my 32nd birthday
- I am now on my 23rd week of gestation
- I love to shop
- Two boys in my life that I love with all my heart - my husband and my unborn son.
- I am my family's breadwinner
- I am the eldest in the family
- My secret wish is to become a SAHM someday... :)

Seven important things in our bedroom:
- Bed
- Hubz photos
- My family's photos
- Comforter
- Alarm Clock
- TV
- Phone

Seven things I plan to do before I die:
- Make sure my family will be well taken cared of
- Secure my child's/children's future
- Go to confession
- Ask forgiveness to those I've offended
- Forgive those who offended me
- Visit the Vatican
- Unite my family

Seven things I can do:
- Cook
- Bake
- Sew
- Scrap
- Dance
- Read
- Decorate/clean the house

Seven things I can’t do:
- watch nonsense TV programs
- sit still for a long period of time
- say no to my family
- be a big spender
- go to the moon
- ride a rollercoaster
- watch horror movies alone

Seven things that attract me to the opposite sex:
- smart
- funny
- kind
- patient
- understanding
- God-fearing
- responsible

Seven things I say the most:
- Oh my God
- Uy
- Thank God
- Geez
- Kamote ka
- My gulay
- Ngee

Seven celeb crushes (whether local or foreign):
- Hugh Jackman
- Aga Muhlach
- Brad Pitt
- Tom Welling
- Mel Gibson
- Denzel Washington
- Chad Michael Murray

Seven people you want to see take this quiz:
- Xtine
- Gem
- Josephine
- Jody
- Hanagirl
- Selina
- Leirs

2 comments:

  1. hey girl! we're the same age pala. anyway, i'll make something for you. can you send me a pic of your ultrasoun@ at hanagirl28@hotmail.com if it's ok with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoaaa...daming updtaes.

    First, happy happy birthday sis. muahhhh...

    then, your one pretty mom to be. Kahit you gain pound, ang ganda mo pa rin :D

    Scarapbooking...hmmm I want to do that too. Soon pag nag ka baby na kami :D

    Your hubby is so sweet. Pareho tayo, I still do help them financially. Hubby is very supportive and Thank God for HIm.

    lasty, we have so many things in common sa 7 things mo.

    Cheers to you sis :D

    ReplyDelete