Sunday, December 11, 2005

Baby Shower Part II, False Labor, atbp

My friends from work gave me a "surprise" baby shower on Saturday but the alarm company spoiled it. My roommate gave them the key to the house but they triggered the alarm upon entering. Who did the alarm company call of all people? Well, me... then I told my roommate the alarm went off. She talked to the operator and told her it's ok and she knows about it. That gave it away! So, by the time we came home and my friends had the chance to shout "surprise", I was already laughing.

Thanks L for organizing it though, and to my friends who came and/or gave gifts - thanks a bunch!

Today, I had menstrual-like pain which prompted me to call the hospital. I was told to take it easy, eat something, drink plenty of fluids, take a shower, and call back in an hour if it doesn't go away. After 3 hours, I called back and was asked to come in. I was strapped on the bed and the contractions were monitored. I was surprised to find out I had 6 in an hour. And there I thought I was just feeling the baby move! I was injected with medications to stop the contractions because it's too early for me to deliver (35 weeks). The timing's erratic anyway. That stopped the contractions but not the menstrual-like pain. I was then told to take it easy and to lessen physical activities. Oh, and I'm 1cm dilated by the way!

What's funny is that they also asked me to stop having S_X, which isn't too hard to do since hubz isn't here anyway!

For a couple of days now, I have been waking up very early in the morning just to appease my hungry tummy. Frequent trips to the bathroom isn't helping me sleep either. I have been going every hour now. I guess the baby's truly preparing me for sleepless nights to come.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my!! Baby Caerwyn is slowly but surely making his presence known :). Are you on maternity leave now? Just take it easy ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just take it easy girl! you're still far from your delivery date and you really have to be careful. here's praying all goes well for you and the baby. ingat lang!

    ReplyDelete