A little more than a week ago, I celebrated yet another birthday. To those who emailed, texted, posted on my tagboard, called, sent a card - thank you all so much for remembering. Another year has passed and I am truly grateful for the year that was, and I have high hopes for the next ones to come. What's different this year? I'm a mom! I spent the day with my little guy - we went to church, had lunch with my roommate at a thai restaurant, then dinner with very close friends (his godparents) at my one of favorite seafood restaurant - The Dead Fish. Yummy food, good company, a very handsome escort - what more can a girl ask? Hubz also sent me a dozen roses, chocolates, and a cute little bear which Kail chewed on instantly! All in all, the day was great and life is good!
I am overwhelmed lately - working on a very stressful project to be installed on Oct. 13 (Friday the 13th - yikes!), taking care of a very active 8-month old, preparing all of Kail's food because of his allergies, household chores, planning for Kail's first birthday, keeping up with doctor's appointments (pedia and allergist). Keeping my sanity intact amidst all these is such a challenge. My therapy? Scrap shopping! I have evaluated my credit card spending these past few months and aside from baby stuff and necessities, scrap shopping has made a dent on my credit line. Have I churned up any layouts recently? Nope - not since October last year!
SO…I have decided that I ought to stop surfing on my favorite scrapbooking stores, and not spend a penny on scrapbook-related items UNTIL I have finished at least an album. BUT NOT UNTIL I have gotten my hands on that Ellison Big Shot AND paper organizers. Those Doodle Genies from Chatterbox sure looked yummy, so do the papers from Imagination Project/Gin-X, Cosmo Cricket stuff is tempting too…Well, you get the drift….
On Kail-front, he is now 8 months. It's unbelievable how much he has grown. He loves to crawl, stands up for long periods of time (with support, of course), sways his head from shoulder to shoulder, loves watching Baby Einstein DVDs, is allergic to eggs and nuts (and anything that has those on it), smiles a lot, knows how to use his charm to get what he wants (mommy needs to watch out for this).
This weekend, we are going out of town with some close friends (his godparents again) to Turtle Bay. This is Kail's second trip out of town. His first was at Tahoe in April with my aunt and uncle from Sweden.
My naturalization application is also underway. I needed to do this so I could upgrade hubz' petition. I pray that he'll be here very, very soon.
'Til next post - whenever that'll be! Note to self - need to get my thoughts organized! Take care everyone!
mickey, i admire you. how do you juggle all those tasks. alam mo i really wish i could also do that. you shouldn't feel bad if you scrap-shop a lot. if that's one thing that makes you happy then go ahead. scrapping na nga lang ang nagpapasaya sa tin e, we have all the right to shop. hehehe. work hard, play hard.
ReplyDeletealpha
http://alphadf.wordpress.com/
naku sis, di man lang kita nabati. Belated Happy Birthday and wish ko for you is sana mga makapunta na si hubz mo dito. thanks for your comment also.i'm okay now...ingat!
ReplyDeletehey mickee. ok lang yang scrap shopping. consider it your stress buster. in due time, when you have the time (rhyme pa! lol!) you'll be able to create those lo's for kail. right now, it really has to take a back seat since syempre priority ang baby. will his 1st bday be here in the phils.? am so happy for you if it is. finally magkikita na kayong family and si hubby mo & kail. you really are a super mom and i wish you all the best always.
ReplyDeleteSuper belated happy birthday girl!!! I know you're busy being a mom but thanks for dropping by my blog :) Take care!
ReplyDeletemickee!! super belated happy birthday din. may all your wishes come true (including the one album you need to finish) :) godbless!!
ReplyDelete