TGIF
I can't believe it's Friday! The week had been long, tiring, and stressful that I couldn't wait for the weekend. So, to celebrate , I had coffee for breakfast for the first time in YEARS (yep, you’ve read it right). The last time I had my favorite Starbucks’ cafĂ© mocha was before I had gotten pregnant. Coffee is bad for my migraine so I’ve been avoiding it like the plague. Today though, I had to have some caffeine in my system. I went to fasting since last night to have my blood drawn for next Friday’s doctor’s appointment.
Like J, between the house chores, caring for a busy 14 month old, working like CRAZY, and an impending spring cleaning for a garage sale on the 31st of this month, I am so overwhelmed and so exhausted! I’ve even picked a fight or two with the husband the past week or so. It was that bad, and I hope it won’t get worse than it already is. When I put Kail in bed for the night, I had to sneak out and work again. I think I’m brain dead already!
However, this post from D opened my eyes that I ought to be spending a lot more time with the little boy. I grieved for her because as a mother, I know that she must be losing her mind right now. When I learned of that, I logged off immediately at 5pm, went to pick up my little boy, and spent time playing with him. It made me realize that my job is a means to an end, and not the other way around. Though I am working for my little boy, I shouldn’t let work run our lives and our schedules. It’s not fair to Kail who’s growing up faster than I would’ve wanted.
I still haven’t gotten the time to post on Kail’s 1st birthday. But, thanks to Jeff and Pia, you can browse photos of his party here.
Next week is an exciting week for me and hubz, but I'll post about it after the fact... :)
Have a great weekend everyone! Enjoy the weather!
Hi Mickee!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for dropping by my blog. please update nga pala ng link ko sa sidebar mo... Itong blog na kasing ito yung gamit ko now. thanks! http://dianemiraballes.blogspot.com. Thanks a lot!
Hi Mickee! Thanks for dropping by my blog. :) What's the exciting news??? :) Hope you're doing well...kaya mo yan!
ReplyDeleteairees