Friday, March 13, 2009

A New Layout - The Story of Our Family

I was in the mood the other night so I created this layout from a photo that was taken on Carnival Paradise cruise. The layout was based on a sketch from Pagemaps. It was one of those sketches that just jumped at me and gave me sleepless nights until I am able to create a layout based on that. My challenge on this layout was to use my existing stash. Because I have a lot of flowers and I rarely create a layout with them (with two boys, the opportunity is just limited), I decided to go all out and layer flower with flower. It took me longer than I anticipated but I was very happy with the result.



Materials:
Cardstock - Bazzill
Patterned Paper - K&Co Que Sera Sera; Cosmo Cricket Wanted
Flowers - Prima
Rub-ons - K&Co
Sticker - 7Gypsies
Pen - Zig

Journaling:
When you look at the four of us, you wouldn't be able to guess that Clifford and I struggled with infertility during the first two years of our marriage. We have spent a considerable sum of money on work-ups. The fact that our two boys were conceived naturally still baffles me up to this very day. God truly works in mysterious ways. He wasn't really saying "no" just "not yet"!

1 comment:

  1. hi mickee, nice LO. ako rin yan ang challenge ko sa sarili ko, to use my stash. and i'm a sketch person too.

    thanks for dropping by my blog. all's well with the family pero bad shot na ang bf.

    ReplyDelete