My beloved lola Baby passed away on Oct. 31, 2009 as she drowned on the flashflood caused by typhoon Santi. It broke my heart when I received the call and couldn't believe it at first until after I read the news with my own two eyes. I had the opportunity to speak with her a couple of days before this happened and she was very happy then. They were in San Pablo, Laguna, at her half-sister's house, celebrating my mom's 60th birthday. She was proudly telling me they had so much food that she generously paid for. She really loved my mom even when they have lots of disagreements and misunderstandings. Another painful thing was that my lola was in perfect health. Other than arthritis (which is very common for seniors her age) and deteriorating eyesight, she was in tiptop shape. The doctor told her she'd live to be a hundred. But God had other plans. She was called home at the age of 79.
I am
No comments:
Post a Comment