These days, I don't take as many photos as I used to anymore, and my computer and hard drive are thanking me for it. Perhaps it's because I have had better luck with my exposure. The more I think of it though, the more I'm convinced that I only take photos that resonate with me now, photos that speak to me. Take the shot below for instance. Among the dozen of photos I took of our camping trip this weekend, this one is my hands-down favorite. It's an emotional photo - one that speaks a thousand words. It describes the relationship between my husband and my son. The fact that it was taken with the light of the bonfire to illuminate it makes it even more dramatic. I'm also proud to say that this photo was untouched - it's a straight out of the camera shot.

I received
this article in my inbox today and this summarizes why I am drawn to emotional photos these days:
"What I really hope you can do is find your true self in your next big image. You don’t have to concentrate on breaking the rules or being gaudy for shock value (Thank you Lady GaGa) – but try to focus on what you really want to say with your camera. Do you want to make images that last? Do you want to make images that really stand the test of time? Then be yourself. Shoot for yourself. Shoot what your heart wants you to shoot. Don’t just try to be cool for being cool’s sake. Be true."Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment