Well, so much for planning to go to the gym in an attempt to "unstress" myself. I told myself I was going to logoff at 4:30, take my trek to the gym, and work out for at least 45 minutes. After my 4pm meeting, I had a few follow-ups to do, a number of teammates needing something, and was being given heads-up that the migration I've been waiting for all day is on it's way to our group inbox. I ended up leaving the office at past 6pm!
On my way home, I received a text from my husband that gave me a chuckle. He told me to be careful, eat well when I get home, watch a little TV, give him a call before I go to bed, then I can call it a day. What's funny is, I thought my scheduled tasks were only limited to what I do at work. You see, I have to follow a certain schedule, armed with my to-do list daily, or I'll never accomplish anything. Everyday becomes a challenge not to lose sight of what I needed to do for the day. It's like being pulled in ten different directions most of the time. So, a friend at work even teased me that with this big a release, I'm feeling stressed because I'm trying to take on everything. Well, I have a reputation for that, even from a long time ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment