Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tomorrow, May 8 at 7:30am, I am going in for a scheduled C-section to meet Baby Calix - the latest addition to the Apolo household. I am enjoying the last few hours alone with Kail because I know I'll miss him terribly while I'm at the hospital. Since he was born 28 months ago, we haven't been apart at night. If the hospital won't allow him to stay, then he and his dad would have to sleep at home and I'd be left all alone.

While we are busy doing our last minute preparation for the big day (the husband is out on the yard mowing the lawn), I am feeling under the weather. I have colds and my throat felt sore. We have a pre-op appointment this afternoon and I'll just bring it up then. Gosh, I hope they could get me something that'll make these symptoms go away. I don't want the baby to get infected on his first few days of life, and as much as possible, I don't want to put off the delivery date any longer. I am having trouble sleeping already due to my carpal tunnel, and then there's the uncomfortable feeling of a heavy tummy. I'm having difficulty walking and standing up. There's also the pressure on my lower abdomen (like menstrual cramps). I really think it's time.

Won't you please include is in your prayers for a safe delivery and a healthy baby? Thanks so much!

***************************

I met with Mary, the lactation consultant from La Leche League and she gave me lots of useful information to help me be successful in breastfeeding. She also promised to be available to me anytime and promises to visit once in a while to see how I'm doing. Because of my breastfeeding issues with Kail, I am really keen on successfully breastfeeding this time around so I'm trying to get all the help I could get up front.

6 comments:

  1. have a safe delivery mickee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had you in my thoughts today, Mickee. I was under the weather yesterday and I meant to call you but I was just way too sick, but here's wishing the best for a safe delivery. Can't wait to meet Baby Calix. What a great Mother's Day and Anniversary present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. uy manganganakl ka na pala... have a safe one dear. hamo you are in my prayers! pics and updates agad pag may time ka na ha :)

    happy bday nga rin pala kay hubs mo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi mickee, sorry nahuli na but Im pretty sure you had a safe delivery abd wecome to baby Calix! happy mother's day too!

    emillie/somethingpurple using my working blog account hhehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my! manganganak ka na pala. happy mother's day btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy mum's day! i'm praying for a healthy mom and healthy baby & a safe delivery! happy anniv din pala!
    i know you'll be busy with baby calix (& kuya kail). praying too na maging success ang iyong breastfeeding. it takes two to tango!:) good luck sis!

    ReplyDelete