I am one who takes pride in being able to balance career and family life, but at the back of my mind, I had hoped that I wouldn't be in a position when I would have to choose between career and family because the choice is obvious. To someone who values family like I do, it's hands down family right? But, it wasn't as easy a choice as I thought.
I was recently faced with a decision between career advancement and family. I talked to hubz about it and he said it best - "Weigh your priorities. Choose what will make you happy". In the end, I decided to forego that chance to climb up the corporate ladder.
Because I can work from home on most days, I get that opportunity to take part in my kids' milestones. Time with my kids is something I will never be able to get back would I miss their growing up years. Sure, I'd get the chance to rub shoulders with who's who in the company but what good would that do if my own kids wouldn't even recognize me? At the end of the day, their hugs and wet kisses mean more to me than all the money and fame in the world. After all, I'm a mom 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and I couldn't be happier.
It's not every day that you meet well-balanced people and I'm really happy for you and the decisions you made. Your boys (and hubby) can only thank you for all of the sacrifices and the love and appreciation you'll get in return will be so worth it!
ReplyDeletedakila ka nanay! happy bday..
ReplyDeletetake care dear!
i'm sure you made the right choice ;)
ReplyDelete