Thursday, April 7, 2011

Project Life 2010

I have been doing Project Life since its introduction to the scrapbooking community in 2009.  Back then, I wasn't able to get a hold of the kit because it was sold out the first day it was offered, so I had to improvise.  Last year, however, there were enough kits produced so I was able to buy one.  It was definitely a time saver.  All that's left for me to do is edit the photos to add in the day and date, have them printed, insert them into their respective slots on the album, and write the journaling.  Voila, I have recorded our everyday lives in 2010!

What I love most about this project is that we can look back at the previous two years (we've been doing this for three years now) and still get amazed at the kids' growth, what we did, where we were, etc.  Even the boys love looking at these albums.

Those who know me well are aware of my passion for photography and scrapbooking.  These two allow me to document our lives, which, I hope would become invaluable in the future.  I am also encouraging those I know to do the same.  If you have no time for scrapbooking, then perhaps Project Life is for you.  The kit has been designed with efficiency and time in mind.  Everything you'll need is in the kit, all you have to do is take photos, print them, and put some journaling.  In our case, I'm also adding ephemeras in our album - teachers' emails, kids' artworks, enlarged photos, tickets, receipts, etc.  You can take a look at how Ali Edwards does it and you'll get the idea.

To give you an idea on the types of photos we include in our Project Life album, here's a video with a few of our photos.  Everywhere we go, I make sure I have a camera on hand, be it my iPhone camera or our handy dandy point and shoot, or our fancy DSLR.  Some photos might be blurry.  Though I care about getting the right exposure, sometimes, it is more important for me to capture the memory than to get it perfectly exposed.

Without further ado, here's a video of our Project Life 2010:





No comments:

Post a Comment