Thursday, April 28, 2011

Layers, lots and lots of it

I have always admired scrapbookers who can layer patterned papers, embellishments, texts, fonts!  They're not my style but they're still eye candy to me.  I'm a clean and simple, graphic and linear, fast and easy scrapbooker.  It is very challenging for me to create intricate layouts because I'm afraid of overpowering the focus on words and photos.

Just recently, I came across template designer Cindy Schneider from this post.  She creates the most intricate digital templates.  Luckily, I have a couple of her templates in my arsenal which I got for free so I decided to try one of them out last night.  The whole process took me an hour and a half but I love how it turned out!  Sure, this isn't normally my style because I'd rather create simple layouts with lots of journaling.  However, on times (like last night) when I want to play, it's nice to know that her designs allow for that.  The only downside with this is that I couldn't write long journaling, but in times when I have very little to say, this is perfect!


Template - Cindy Schneider; Papers and Embellishments - Memories by Sweet Shoppe Designs; Journaling Tag - County Fair Journaling Tag by Elle Studio; Fonts - Papyrus (journaling), VT Portable Remington and Scriptina (Title)

No comments:

Post a Comment