Yesterday's Oprah show feature on Erin Kramp touched me to the core. Though she was battling breast cancer at that time, she summoned the courage to record hours upon hours of video for her daughter and her husband. Her final words summed up why she did all this - TO BE REMEMBERED.
As a mother, Erin's story resonated with me. I also have an overflowing love for my boys and I have so much to tell them. Perhaps we just chose different mediums, but we want the end result to be the same - so that we can be remembered.
Photography and scrapbooking has enriched my life in unimaginable ways. Sure, I get tired and I should probably just use the extra time I have resting and sleeping rather than scrapbooking. It makes me happy though. Scrapbooking gives me a deeper appreciation of life. It allows me to celebrate our everyday. It gives me the chance to record moments so that they will be remembered. It allows me to speak to my boys and tell them just how much I love them. It gives me the opportunity to teach them lessons.
I am proud to say I'm a mom with a camera, always hunting for memories to capture so they can be recorded, documented, and re-lived.
Live life. Celebrate the everyday. Appreciate the blessings. Share the love. Treasure the moments. Life is beautiful!
Of course I couldn't end a post without sharing something. In this case, a layout of Calix's milestones and personality at age three:
Template - CT Rachael Sheedy from www.digilovely.com; Papers - Little Boy by Echo Park; Paper Clip and Tag - Cutie Pie by Sir Scrapalot; Staple - Pattie Knox; Fonts - Zapfino, Ali Edward's Handwriting, Comic Sans MS (Title), Myriad Pro (journaling)

No comments:
Post a Comment